Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Charge: To support and enhance TCU's diversity, equity and inclusion vision, mission and
strategic plan within the College of Science & Engineering.
Vision: To be a national leader in research, teaching, and student engagement that promotes a diverse, equitable and inclusive campus.
Mission: To build a campus community committed to growth in diversity and inclusion, central to the University's mission to educate individuals to think and act as ethical leaders and responsible citizens in the global community.
- Attract: Enhance recruiting and retention of under-represented students, especially students of color. Enhance recruiting and retention of under-represented faculty and staff, especially faculty and staff of color.
- Teach: Bolster curriculum, training and other academic initiatives that promote an understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Reach: Increase outreach and engagement with external communities and schools with large proportions of under-represented groups.
- Embrace: Promote a campus environment that is welcoming for all and free of bias.
In general, members of the CSE DEI Committee may be called to:
- Participate in DEI training
- Collect information from departments/student organizations
- Disseminate information to departments/student organizations
- Advocate for and participate in DEI programming
- Support search committees
- Advise and inform the Dean and Associate Dean on DEI matters
- Support the College Diversity Advocate in their role
- Support the Dean and Associate Deans in their DEI roles