Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Charge: To support and enhance TCU's diversity, equity and inclusion vision, mission and
strategic plan within the College of Science & Engineering.
Vision: To be a national leader in research, teaching, and student engagement that promotes a diverse, equitable and inclusive campus.
Mission: To build a campus community committed to growth in diversity and inclusion, which is central to TCU's mission.
- Attract: Enhance recruiting and retention of under-represented students, especially students of color. Enhance recruiting and retention of under-represented faculty and staff, especially faculty and staff of color.
- Teach: Bolster curriculum, training and other academic initiatives that promote an understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Reach: Increase outreach and engagement with external communities and schools with large proportions of under-represented groups.
- Embrace: Promote a campus environment that is welcoming for all and free of bias.
In general, members of the CSE DEI Committee may be called to:
- Participate in DEI training
- Collect information from departments/student organizations
- Disseminate information to departments/student organizations
- Advocate for and participate in DEI programming
- Support search committees
- Advise and inform the Dean and Associate Dean on DEI matters
- Support the College Diversity Advocate in their role
- Support the Dean and Associate Deans in their DEI roles
CSE Diversity Advocates
Dr. Sophia Garcia, Instructor II
Jessica Alvarez, Pre-Health Coordinator
Pre-Health Professions Institute