Advance your knowledge through a graduate degree from the CSE.
- Environmental Science
- Developmental Trauma
- Environmental Science
- Master of Arts in Teaching, MAT – Mathematics
- Master of Environmental Management, MEM – Environmental Science
- Physics with Astrophysics
- Physics with Biophysics
- Physics with Master of Business Administration
Application deadlines for the College are flexible, but apply by January 1 for maximum consideration for Fall admission and by September 15 for maximum consideration for Spring admission.
- Students need to fulfill the general TCU admission requirements.
- A completed online application (see below.)
- Three letters of recommendation (the online application will prompt you for information regarding your references.)
- Transcripts of all colleges attended (upload unofficial copies via the online application. If you are admitted to the program a single copy of all official transcripts will be required – see address below) [When applicable, student needs to submit English translations of transcripts. We do not provide this service.]
- Personal Statement of Purpose (upload via the the online application. Essay – 1,000 words or less, that describes your motivation and goals for graduate study, career ambitions, and the specific ways TCU may fit those.)
- TOEFL/IELTS scores (input scores in Testing Information section in the online application, then request official scores to be sent to TCU Graduate Studies, ETS institutional code 6820) for evidence of proficiency in English a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (internet based) or 550 (paper based) is required or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5].
- Biology, Environmental Sciences, Geological Sciences and Psychology:
The GRE is required, but with no minimum score expectation. The GRE score is part of a holistic review of each application.
- Physics & Astronomy, Chemistry & Biochemistry and Nutritional Sciences:
The GRE is not required. Any submitted GRE score is part of a holistic review of each application.
The GRE, with a minimum score of 300, is required for all mathematics graduate applications.
- TOEFL is required of all international students – applicant may request a telephone interview with the department for possible waiver of the TOEFL.
- For U.S. permanent resident: Please confirm that you are a permanent resident of the United States by emailing a scanned copy of your green card to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For non-permanent residents, please upload the completed International Student and
Scholar Form with your application.
International Student and Scholar Form
Admitted students will also be required to provide proof of financial support by filling out and returning the International Student and Scholar Form. Students on full Teaching Assistantships (see below) do not have to use this form.
Graduate Financial Aid
A limited number of Teaching Assistantships are available through the College to full-time graduate students. Applicants must be admissible to a graduate program, have an outstanding academic record and present favorable recommendations. Students admitted conditionally are not normally eligible for graduate financial aid until all conditions have been met.
As a member of the Council of Graduate Schools, TCU abides by the following resolution regarding the acceptance of offers of financial support: Resolution