Minor in Mathematics
The Mathematics Minor provides basic training in mathematics suitable to complement a major in another department.
Requirements for Minor
The mathematics minor requires 18 semester hours of mathematics with a grade of C- or better, including:
An additional six semester hours is required from among MATH 20123 Discrete Mathematics I and courses at or above the 30000 level.
Students minoring in mathematics are also required to take one of the following programming courses:
- COSC 10403 Introduction to Programming
- COSC 10503 Introduction to Programming for Engineering and Science
- COSC 10603 Introduction to Python for Data Analytics
- ENGR 10573 Applied Programming Matlab
- PHYS 20323 Scientific Analysis and Modeling
Students must also have a 2.0 average or better in their mathematics courses in order to graduate with a minor in mathematics.