SERC – Grant Recipient Information
Each SERC project has been assigned a grant number. You will find it on the award letter (and email). The faculty mentor will serve as the project budget manager.
Fall and Spring 2019 SERC Grant Recipients:
Each Fall and Spring 2019 grant recipient is expected to present research at the 2020 (or 2021)(*) CSE Student Research Symposium (SRS) and to file a one page summary of their research to SERC no later than May 8, 2020 (grant period ends April 30, 2020).
(*) Please contact SERC (email@example.com) if you are unable to present in 2020.
Each SERC sponsored poster should feature the SERC WordMark.
Spending from your SERC budget:
There are several ways by which you may spend money from your allocated funds (please include: SERC grant number, Student name, Faculty Mentor name on ALL payment requests):
- Grant funding deadlines (dates non-negotiable due to fiscal year end):
- Fall and Spring 2019 grant recipients: Purchase Order requests
accepted up to April 1, 2020
- Fall and Spring 2019 grant recipients: Invoices and reimbursements
accepted up to April 30, 2020
- Complete a Purchase Order request. This is the preferred procedure.
- Download form here: SERC_PO_Requistion.pdf.
- Enter your SERC grant Number, Student name, and Faculty Mentor name where indicated.
- Faculty Mentors should sign the PO request where indicated.
- Foward the completed hard copy of the form to Sue Dolce in the CSE Dean’s Office. Alternatively, scan and email the completed form to SERC (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Note: It is important that you send the resulting PO request to SERC and NOT to Accounts Payable or your Departmental office.
- Your request will be processed and you will receive a PO number (and a hard copy of the PO) in return after processing.
- Submit a reimbursement request for items purchased by you or your faculty mentor with personal funds.
- Submit invoices for items purchased from vendors without a PO (vendor is on direct bill).
Note: All .com purchases must be made using option 2 – make the purchase and request reimbursement. TCU Financial Services will NOT approve direct bill requests for any .com company.